This tutorial will show you how to use PHP language on Azure Website services. In this tutorial I use Azure Management Portal to create new Azure Website instance.
For create a PHP Website do the following step below:
1. You must login to Azure Website and create new azure website.
2. For create azure website choose click New button at the bottom of the page, after that choose Compute – Website – and Quick Create. Provide an URL or name for your azure website (must be unique). For example: AzureWebPHP.
3. Select East Asia for Region (choose the closest region with your users). Finally click button ‘Create Website’.
4. After creating azure website you can change the configuration option and link to other resources, e.g. database.
5. On your website management page, you can choose ‘Configure’. The configure tab has the following section, e.g. general tab that contains framework version (.NET, PHP, Java, Phyton), certificates (for SSL certificates), domain name (custom domain name), etc.
6. You can use webmatrix to edit and publish your PHP code. From Azure Website choose
7. After webmatrix opened, choose ‘Edit local copy’.
8. When prompted to download your site, choose ‘Yes install from the Template Gallery’.
9. From the available templates choose PHP, and then select ‘Empty Site’, and click ‘Next’.
10. Right click on AzureWebPHP node, and select ‘New File’.
11. You can type ‘PHP’ to the search box for searching PHP templates. Add ‘index.php’ to your project.
12. Open ‘index.php’ and write this following code.
13. Save file index.php. If you choose save button then your file will be saved automatically on azure website.
14. Choose ‘Run’ to open your PHP application on browser.
From the tutorial above you have seen it’s pretty simple to create PHP application on Azure Website.